This is a weekly roundup of news items featuring the wild carnivores of the world. If you miss the news during the week, check our blog on Fridays!
- New Jaguar Sanctuary Declared in Belize
- Is the tiger extinct in Cambodia?
- India’s leopards swiftly moving toward extinction- could be gone before tigers
- Endangered snow leopard clawing its way back – innovative project in Pakistan
- Will the Mexican wolf be reclassified?
- Wolves return to French Pyrenees decades after extermination
- Coyotes and hiking safety
- Montana and Idaho are considering “research hunts” for wolves
- Expert stumped by recent coyote attacks on humans
- Grizzly bears pop up in Montana wheat fields
- In grizzly territory — running with an iPod on is not advised
- Inuit group fights to block oil & gas testing in Canada’s Arctic, citing concern for polar bears
- Attacks grab headlines, but no evidence of rising human-grizzly encounters
- Playing politics with facts about Alaskan polar bears
- Bear in high-wire motorbike stunt – example of China’s animal cruelty
- Polar bears, glaucous gulls most at risk from contaminants
- Scientist on mission to clone endangered pandas
- Bears in Colorado think that the crawl spaces of mobile homes are dens
- Orphaned badger kits escape back to their habitat from release pen
- California sea otter population mysteriously disappearing