This is a weekly roundup of news items featuring the wild carnivores of the world. If you miss the news during the week, check our blog on Fridays!
- Wild tiger numbers are at an historical low
- Sniffer dogs being used to track cheetah
- Cheetah & African wild dog all but extinct in North Cameroon
- Status Update on 15 Species of Disappearing Wild Cats & Canids – Fading Call of The Wild
- State of tigers in the wild is dire
- Trade Curbs Upheld on Bobcats
- Centre clears three sites as habitats for cheetah in India
- Nepal’s tiger population on increase
- Fox rescued from the sea
- Coyote attacks alarm New York suburb
- Wolf sighting, trapping confirmed in Utah
- Americans used snowmobiles to chase B.C. wolves for hunt
- Wolves and money: Does paying for predations losses aid species recovery?
- Coyotes: Fascinating animals who should be appreciated, not killed
- Illegal killing of endangered wolves in Arizona
- For pandas, there is a mountain high enough, there is a valley low enough
- Best panda habitats outside current nature reserves, study finds
- Bear takes short ride in car and leaves it wrecked
- New Jersey DEP commissioner approves black bear hunt
- Jack Hanna repels charging grizzly in national park
- Ontario woman plays dead to survive Yellowstone bear attack
- Grizzly bear and her cubs are captured after a deadly attack near Yellowstone
- Svalbard kayakers attacked by polar bear
- Rare mammal filmed for first time: An elusive mammal known as an Otter civet has been filmed..
- Unlocking meerkats’ alarm calls – A study sheds light on how certain alarm cries..
- Predator puzzle: Study raises questions over what’s killing Bitterroot elk
- Close Encounters Of A Lion Kind: Meeting Cougars, Foxes, Bears